Jodha Akbar: Not a Show But a Magic

 I am a history lover specially the class 7th one. Delhi sultanate, mughals , central asian politics, khanate are the one which excites me and I regularly just swim through the wikipedia to find about politics of that period whereas it would be Mughals, Rajputs or Marathas. But sometimes we wish to see beyond wikipedia the portrayal of those men and women and their relationships that would mould the life of common people and in this search I binged watch Jodha Akbar serial by Ekta Kapoor on YouTube and I am just hypnotize by it. I watched it at its time of original aired reign. That time I was in class 6-7 and I would watch it with parents but now when I re watched it again I just fell in love with it. So let's just talk about it.

Jodha Akbar: Not a Show But a Magic 



So I can't wait more to just make the background of article and let's discuss according to me what makes this show magical and what makes it miles ahead of today's or even from it's contemporary shows and why is it a fan favourite.

1. Rajat - Paridhi 



Bro I just sometimes skip all the unnecessary drama to just see the scenes of Rajat and Paridhi. What they did is just magic.. Both speak with their eyes and the music in background and I enjoy both types of scenes of there before salim track and after salim track also. I just wish they film Akbar and Jodha's day to day scenes more and more. I can't choose any one among both Rajat and Paridhi as both acted so well that it would be unfair on one to choose another. I know that their are more Rajat fans than Paridhi but I have to say Paridhi also have acted really beautiful and how she portrayed the constant change of Jodha's  feelings toward Akbar was outstanding.

2. Historical Accuracy 



Yes I know the show itself have disclamer that don't take history lessons from this show but I have surfed wikipedia from starting to end and most of the times show's history is absolutely correct like names of people,  the wars, the conflicts like for eg. I thought that Chugtai Khan the matchmaker of Jodha Akbar would be a fictional character but bro he is real just search. I know that Laboni track or Nigar Aapa track was somewhat fiction but we are not watching Bharat ek Khoj we are watching a Ekta Kapoor show and I can easily say about 75% of the story shown in the show is real like I was not expecting a Ekta Kapoor show to be this much researched and correct like if you will see the show is much more historically correct than the Hrithik Roshan movie.

3. Music and its impact.


The music of the show is real backbone and soul of the show. Both " in ankon me tum " track and "Rabba is pyar me " of Salim Anarkali are so good and the background music for each character are so good just 1 thing I want irritated like whole background track for Mahamanga was op like the instrument and humming they used but common bro that constant sound of her name was irritating rest the music just uplifts the personal scenes of Jodha Akbar so much that you are just compel to see the same 10 minutes scene 10 times.

4. Tight Screenplay and Correct Pace



Even though I am huge fan of this show and would want so much more from them but I would appreciate the team that even at their peak when their TRP 's were sky high they maintained a tight Screenplay like Ekta is infamous for dragging the screenplay and messing up the things but for this show she did absolutely what was required a tight and fast screenplay and accurate dialogues. Just one thing in show I felt Jodha is speaking very old fashioned and pure hindi like uptill that time Muslim sultanate were from past 300-400 years so in Rajputana also no one would speak this much pure Hindi. Paridhi looks and sounds very sweet speaking it but they could go for a Hindustani language like somewhat soft hindi. Like akbar always said love as mohabbat and it is understood that he is a Turk but Jodha could also say it pyar but she says it Prem which just feels off time sometimes.



5. Amazing Side characters 



Now the last point I absolutely don't want anything other to watch than Rajat and Paridhi but we can't ignore the impact of Ruqaiya, Salima, Mahamanga, Adham Khan, Sharefudin, Hamida Begum and many more to make this show memorable. Like all the characters are written beautifully and they never slow down the pace of show instead they contribute to plot and move the show forward.




So that's it let me watch after Benazir scenes of Jodha Akbar and until then Tata. I am short of words to explain my love for this show and the magic that it have created.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Power Ranger Villians

Jal And Mafia Mundeer : Bands Besides Borders

5 REASONS WHY ONE SHOULD WATCH POWER RANGER MYSTIC FORCE