Rocketry : India has its own Oppenheimer but it failed to recognize it.

 Ok. So finally Oppenheimer released and opened around 15cr in Indian market. Personally I am a fan of Nolan and watched his famous Batman Trilogy, Inception, Interstellar, Prestige and Tenet and have full faith that Oppenheimer would also be a work to remember by Nolan and reviews also testify the same although due to my reasons I haven't watched it yet but hope in near future. 



So why am I wasting time on setting this backdrop, just only so that I could be considered good enough to comment what I am going to further in this post. 



Previous year Rocketry of R.Madhvan released and it could only tank 50cr lifetime that to world wide while the budget was 65cr as quoted on wiki. Yes I know maddy was shovered with lots of praises but mind only praises not money. 



If you will watch Rocketry and Oppenheimer you would find the basic skeleton of both movies same in which a patriotic scientist did something extraordinary for the country yet treated polarly opposite for the same but that Hollywood fascination and the hype of just being cool watching piece of Nolan cinema overshadowed Maddy's work. 



I don't know how to express what I am thinking on this but if you can understand our cinema also has potential for being on world map and gain massive respect like Nolan's work but for that first home audience should appreciate and cherish that kind of cinema because outside nobody has extra time to find this. 



Recent example is RRR. I loved that movie but it reached to Oscars not only because how good it was ,it was the combined effect of quality of movie and the huge box office collection it managed to get. 



Lastly after having this thought respect for SRK as he supported Rocketry by doing it in free. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sandeep 'ANIMAL' Vanga Vs Illiterate Audience

Sang-E-Mah: A Gracious Drama